Picked this up from Jaime.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Moved to Canada, got accepted into UVic, lived independently, rented an apartment, had sex with a woman.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, not really. Things didn’t work out like I planned. I did keep one of them though, and I made the Dean’s list at UM. I am determined to keep mine for this year though.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Party at a friend’s house.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The United States and Canada. Maybe one of my resolutions should be to leave North America in 2012.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A sense of order and stability to my day-to-day existence.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 20th, the day I arrived in Victoria for good to stay.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Getting accepted into UVic, moving to Victoria all by myself, getting good grades.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a “proceed to next level” worthy grade in Japanese.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too major, just the usual throughout the year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new laptop.
12. Where did most of your money go?
University, rent, food.
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Taio Cruz, Dynamite
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Studying subjects I enjoyed instead of Japanese.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Posting on facebook and Tumblr.
16. What was your favorite TV program?
Sherlock. I can’t wait for season two!
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I found a couple new people that get on my nerves, but hate is a little strong. Dislike their company, wish I didn’t have to deal with them, more like.
18. What was the best book you read?
Ursula LeGuin’s Voices, Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s The Angel’s Game.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Either Hugo or The Muppet Movie.
21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to dinner with Jaime at Bon Rouge, had a delicious meal, wandered around downtown, bought some LUSH products.
22. What kept you sane?
My girlfriend, countdowns until I left Missoula.
23. Who did you miss?
My best friend, Judy-Sensei, Yuri-Sensei, Marsha.
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
At the end of the day, there are 7 billion people on the planet, so why bother letting one or two of them get to you or ruin your day?
25. What does 2012 hold for me?
Hopefully a new department I can transfer to, maybe, if I get lucky, a Bachelor’s degree, if I’m very lucky, an honours one, new friendships, and maybe new discoveries across the world.